Thursday, 8 February 2007

As promised, exciting stuff:

1. I make hazelnut-flavoured coffee in the microwave with lots of milk and three sweeteners. As of late I’ve been too lazy to keep going out to buy the vast quantities of milk that my habit demands, so instead have been buying the add water cappuccino sachets for my caffeine fix.

2. I am writing from a laptop that sits on a gay pride flag (used as a table cloth), and yet am not gay.

3. I don’t let myself spend more than £10 a week on food, or spend more than 10 minutes cooking and/or preparing it.

4. I am one of a twin.

5. I do not expect to change the world, but changing a couple of peoples lives for the better would be nice.

6. I am a (potential) organ, bone marrow and blood donor.

7. I “suffer” from lucid dreams, and occasionally sleep paralysis.

8. I can “play” the harp, piano and French horn, but am utterly useless at all three.

9. I have no sense of direction. I am one of those people who constantly, whilst aiming to cover one side of a shopping street, go into a shop and then come out and walk in the direction I have just come from.

10. I have very long and strong nails, which I often use to poke people.

11. I have lived in the rainforest in a hammock for a few weeks.

12. I have swum in a mud volcano.

13. I have been bitten by a giant centipede.

14. I own a dead giant cicada.

15. I have a slight obsession with making lists.

16. I have built a wall in Borneo.

17. I once gained the nickname “pumpkin head” because my head swollen up for reasons I shall never know.

19. I am allergic to mushrooms.

20. I don’t like comedies.

21. I grew up on a farm, and am a vegetarian (largely because I don’t like the taste of meat).

22. I have eaten wild boar.

23. I hate exercise, but love how it makes me feel more alive afterwards.

24. I have strange big toe nails- they curl up slightly towards the tips.

25. I have found that if I breathe in through my nose hard enough my nostrils close.

26. I can voluntarily stop smelling.

27. I have had black, blond, red, pink and purple hair.

28. I am a size 6/8 and yet am not skinny.

29. I am incapable of resisting picking spots and squeezing blackheads.

30. I have chips and Yorkshire puddings in my freezer and coffee, vitamins, sugar free jelly, and tinned tomato soup in my cupboard, and that be all the ingestible items I own. Yet I am too lazy and skint to go buy more.

31. I am a country bumpkin at heart and miss walking on grass.

32. I really, really want a motorbike.

33. I enjoy driving, but sometimes minor spouts of road rage spoils this.

34. I was born 10 weeks premature (and a day after the latest legal abortion date at that time) and was very poorly so am eternally grateful to health workers in general.

35. I am afraid of getting old and having to watch my friends and family slowly drop off one by one whilst my body slowly gives in.

36. I am far too vain regarding myself and yet what others look like matters little to me, including when the opposite sex is concerned.

37. I live opposite a prison.

38. I found learning to drive induced a large proportion of my life’s scariest experiences.

39. I have learned the most from some of the most unlikely people.

40. I have a temper but only recall truly losing it one occasion, which I never wish to repeat.

41. I am rarely a good enough person to apologise, even when I know I am in the wrong, and when I do actually apologise I do a very poor job at it.

42. I am stubborn and have an annoying habit of not budging even when I realise mid argument that it is in fact me who is wrong.

42. I know what it is to be both shy and retiring and confident and loud, I seem to have gone from the later to the former in the last few years.

43. I adore Dr Martin books.

44. I love combat trousers; their sheer comfort makes my happy.

45. I hate the fact that I have lost contact with some of my closest friends.

46. I sometimes worry that I am too cold because when I spend large times away from people I care about, I don’t tend to miss them.

47. I have a stuffing sandwich fetish.

48. I hate going to the docs, and yet I wish to one day be one.

49. I sometimes feel ashamed to be a human.

50. I believe that there is a God, but not in the traditional sense of the word.

51. I have trouble spelling words with “i” and “e” in them next to next, largely due to that stupid rhyme that does not apply to lots of words (thank God there’s spellcheck on here).

52. I did not read the books I was supposed to study for English Literature A-level, instead I watched the DVD’s at 4am on the mornings before the exams, and yet I still got an A.

53. I bite and trim with nail scissors the skin around my nails. It just annoys me.

54. I dislike (ok, hate) my one Grandmother and adore the other.

55. I like play fighting.

56. I have been around for over 19 years, and have spent around the last 14 years of it trying to decide what it is I want to be. Occupations that I have thought about include vet (I realised I care more about people than animals), artist (I enjoy art but am becoming disillusioned as to what it actually achieves) and radiographer (too repetitive).

57. I wish to be a doctor or paramedic, depending largely on which profession will have me.

58. I can turn my tongue upside down and roll it up (tip rolling backwards)

59. I am scared of “relationships”.

60. I am happy single. Many people have trouble with this concept.

61. I hate sitting on the fence when it comes to my personal opinions and yet accept that occasionally it can be justified.

62. I detest crying and vomiting in front of people.

63. I like the smell of petrol.

64. I am utterly useless at sewing and wrapping presents.

65. I think that sometimes I come across as intimidating.

66. I have an amazing mother.

67. I love the sky with its clouds, sunsets and stars.

68. I get very annoyed at “sheep” people; people who just blindly follow and copy others.

69. I do not understand people who do not wish to see the world outside their own small worlds and travel.

70. I find myself feeling both respectful and repulsed by much religion.

71. I like to think that I do not fear much, but really I’ve just gotten good at ignoring it.

72. I need a little time alone each day to function in what society deems a normal manner.

73. I am in awe of fire.

74. I have realised that unless something challenges me, I get lazy and do it badly.

75. I hate speaking in front of more than three or so people.

76. I watch far too much TV.

77. I enjoy using sarcasm and do no believe that it is “the lowest form of wit”.

78. I have watched every episode of “The X-files” that exists, a fact that I am very proud of.

79. I should be in a lecture right now.

80. I tend to clash with authority (teachers, tutors and the like), but only those I deem annoying/bad people.

81. I get on very well with elderly people in general- I feel that they usually appreciate my company, they often have impeccable manners and I respect them for what they have done in the past that has helped my, and my generations, future. That, and most of them that I know are fabulously quirky.

82. I am completely unafraid of death.

83. I have the urge to see and do as much as possible, but sadly it isn’t always strong enough to get my off my bottom and get to it.

84. I am not one of those huggy kissy types, physical contact with people I don’t know very well turns me into the archetypal reserved Brit.

85. I am, at this very moment, eating cold tinned tomato soup…with something floating in it that looks suspiciously like a cat hair. I own no cat.

86. I detest the noises that birds make (peacocks, seagulls, pigeons…).

87. I know what it feel like to carry a rucksack of around 35kgs for ten hours a day in 90% humidity in 40 degree heat for ten days, over hills.

88. I was one of the most naughty kids at school, but still got good grades.

89. I find the thought of childbirth absolutely terrifying.

90. I have given two trees a name.

91. I have my hand prints in yellow paint on random trees in a rain forest.

92. I have had trench foot.

93. The way Americans pronounce “patronising” makes my blood boil.

94. I have stepped on a bee. On two separate occasions. Both whilst running after my brother because he stole my slippers.

95. I was once held above the head of my headmaster by him lifting my up by my ankles.

96. I get angry when people click their knuckles because it makes me shudder, even though many of my own joints constantly click (for examples both my knees when I bend them).

97. I sometimes wish that the worlds would just stop turning to give me time to collect my thoughts.

98. I cannot stand watching television when the door to the room is open, no idea why.

99. I found out yesterday that chips, curry power and salad cream all mixed up go together very nicely indeed.

100. I am slightly self-centred and it’s all me myself and “I” with me (see above).

No comments: